The "stan" journey: last part

 The "stan" adventures: last part

Kyrgyzstan

Day 1: Bishkek I arrived in Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan, early in the morning after a long flight. After checking into my hotel and resting for a bit, I ventured out to explore the city. I visited the Ala-Too Square, where I saw the iconic statue of Manas, the legendary hero of the Kyrgyz people. Later in the day, I went to a local restaurant and tried traditional Kyrgyz cuisine for the first time, which was delicious.

Day 2: Issyk-Kul Lake On the second day, I took a road trip to Issyk-Kul Lake, one of the largest high-altitude lakes in the world. The journey took about four hours, but it was worth it. The views of the snow-capped mountains and crystal clear water were breathtaking. I spent the day exploring the lake and its surroundings, including the nearby hot springs.


Day 3: Karakol I traveled to Karakol, a small town on the eastern edge of Kyrgyzstan. In Karakol, I visited the Dungan Mosque, a stunning wooden mosque built by Chinese Muslims in the early 20th century. I also went to the Karakol Animal Market, where I saw locals buying and selling livestock, including cows, horses, and sheep.

Day 4: Altyn Arashan On the fourth day, I hiked to Altyn Arashan, a beautiful valley located in the mountains near Karakol. The hike was challenging, but the views of the mountains and hot springs were worth it. I stayed in a yurt for the night, which was a unique and unforgettable experience.

Day 5: Jyrgalan I traveled to Jyrgalan, a remote village located in the mountains near the Chinese border. I spent the day hiking and exploring the surrounding mountains, which were absolutely stunning.


Day 6: Horseback Riding I went horseback riding in the morning, which was a great way to see the beautiful landscape of Jyrgalan. In the afternoon, I visited a local yurt and had dinner with a local family. They were incredibly hospitable and kind, and it was a great opportunity to learn more about Kyrgyz culture.

Day 7: Kochkor I traveled to Kochkor, a small town known for its handicrafts. I visited a local cooperative that produces traditional Kyrgyz felt products, including rugs and clothing. I also had lunch at a local restaurant, where I tried delicious Kyrgyz dumplings.

Day 8: Son-Kul Lake On the eighth day, I traveled to Son-Kul Lake, a high-altitude lake located in the mountains of central Kyrgyzstan. The journey was long and bumpy, but the views of the lake and surrounding mountains were breathtaking. I stayed in a yurt for the night, which was another unique and unforgettable experience.


Day 9: Kyzyl-Oi I traveled to Kyzyl-Oi, a small village located in the mountains of central Kyrgyzstan. The journey was long and difficult, but the views of the mountains were incredible. In Kyzyl-Oi, I stayed in a local guesthouse and had dinner with a local family, who were incredibly friendly and hospitable.

Day 10: Back to Bishkek On the final day of my trip, I traveled back to Bishkek. I spent the day exploring the city and doing some last-minute souvenir shopping. In the evening, I went to a local restaurant and had one final meal.


Thank you for reading, leave a comment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle East: Part 1

Nomads of Mongolia: part 2

How it all started...