Nomads of Mongolia: part 2

 Nomads of Mongolia

Mongolia




Day 6: Khorgo Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur National Park On the sixth day, I visited Khorgo Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur National Park, which is known for its stunning volcanic landscape and the beautiful Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur lake. I hiked to the top of the Khorgo Volcano and enjoyed panoramic views of the surrounding area. I also went horseback riding by the lake and had a picnic lunch.


Day 7: Bayanzag On the seventh day, I visited Bayanzag, which is a unique landscape of red sandstone cliffs and rock formations. It is also known as the "Flaming Cliffs" because the cliffs appear to be on fire during sunset. I also visited a nearby museum to learn more about the dinosaur fossils that have been found.

Day 8: Gobi Desert On the eighth day, I went on a desert safari in the Gobi Desert. I rode a camel and explored the sand dunes and vast expanse of the desert. I also visited a nomadic family and learned more about their way of life in the desert. For dinner, I had khorhog, which is a traditional Mongolian dish of meat cooked with hot stones.

Day 9: Yol Valley On the ninth day, I visited Yol Valley, which is a narrow canyon located in the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park. I hiked through the canyon and saw the frozen river that runs through it, even in the summer months. I also saw some of the local wildlife, such as ibex and vultures.

Day 10: Dalanzadgad On the tenth day, I visited Dalanzadgad, which is the capital of the South Gobi Province. I visited a local market and tried some of the local street food, including grilled meats and fried noodles. I also visited a local museum to learn more about the history and culture of the region.

Day 11: Ongi Monastery On the eleventh day, I visited the Ongi Monastery, which is a ruined Buddhist monastery located in the middle of the desert. I explored the ruins and learned about the history of the monastery, which was destroyed during the Communist era in Mongolia. I also had the opportunity to meet some local herders and learn more about their way of life.

Day 12: Khustain Nuruu National Park On the twelfth day, I visited Khustain Nuruu National Park, which is known for its wild horses, called takhi or Przewalski's horses. I went on a hike to see the horses in their natural habitat and learned about the conservation efforts to protect this endangered species.

Day 13: Hustai National Park On the thirteenth day, I visited Hustai National Park, which is another location where the wild horses can be seen. I also visited a local nomadic family and learned more about their way of life in the park. For dinner, I had khorkhog once again, as it had become one of my favorite dishes.

Day 14: Ulaanbaatar On the final day of my trip, I returned to Ulaanbaatar and spent some time shopping for souvenirs and gifts to bring home. I also had a final meal of Mongolian barbecue, which is a popular dish where meat is cooked on a hot plate at the table. Overall, my trip to Mongolia was an unforgettable experience, filled with stunning natural beauty, unique cultural experiences, and delicious food.

Thank you for reading. If you liked it please leave a comment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle East: Part 1

How it all started...