The "stan" journey: part 4

 The "stan" adventures: part 4

Uzbekistan

Day 1: I arrived in Uzbekistan this morning and headed straight for the historical city of Samarkand. After checking into my hotel, I set off to explore the city. The sights were breathtaking, with architectural marvels such as the Registan, Gur-e Amir, and Shah-i-Zinda. I also took some time to wander through the citys bazaars, where I haggled with locals over prices and sampled some of the delicious local food. Day 2: Today I ventured outside Samarkand to explore some of the nearby attractions. From Samarkand, I took a day trip to the city of Bukhara. Here, I visited the citys mosques, bazaars, and madrasas, and took a guided tour of the local monuments. On the way back to Samarkand, I stopped in at a restaurant to sample the local cuisine, and even got to meet a few of the locals.


Day 3: Today I took a day trip to the city of Khiva. This ancient city is renowned for its stunning architecture, and I spent much of the day admiring its many sights. I also took some time to wander around the citys bazaars and sample some of the local food. On the way back, I stopped in at a local restaurant to try some traditional Uzbek dishes. Day 4: Today I set out to explore the countryside around Samarkand. I visited a traditional Uzbek village, and got to experience the local culture firsthand. I also took a hike through the surrounding hills, admiring the stunning scenery that Uzbekistan has to offer. In the evening, I returned to Samarkand and sampled some of the local cuisine at a restaurant. Day 5: Today I ventured outside of Samarkand to explore the nearby city of Shakhrisabz. Here, I visited the world-famous ruins of Ak-Saray, as well as the Timurid palace and the ancient mosque. I also took some time to wander around the citys many bazaars and sample the local food.


Day 6: Today I took a day trip to the city of Termez. Here, I visited the historical sites of the city, such as the Babur mausoleum and the Islamic Academy. I also took some time to wander through the citys bazaars and sample some of the local food. Day 7: Today I headed to the city of Bukhara. Here, I visited the citys mosques, bazaars, and madrasas, and took a guided tour of the local monuments. On the way back, I stopped in at a restaurant to sample the local cuisine, and even got to meet a few of the locals. Day 8: Today I ventured outside of Samarkand to explore the nearby city of Karshi. Here, I visited the ancient citys many attractions, such as the Karshi bazaar and the ancient Sayyid Salahuddin mausoleum. I also took some time to wander around the citys bazaars and sample some of the local food.


Day 9: Today I headed to the ancient city of Khiva. Here, I visited the citys many attractions, such as the Kalta Minor tower and the Registan. I also took some time to wander around the citys bazaars and sample some of the local food. Day 10: Today I returned to Samarkand and spent some time exploring the citys many attractions. In the evening, I sampled some of the local cuisine at a restaurant and even got to meet a few of the locals. With that, my 10-day trip to Uzbekistan came to an end.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle East: Part 1

Nomads of Mongolia: part 2

How it all started...