China - a lot of everything part 3

 The south of China


My 10-day trip to South China was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. From the vibrant cities to the beautiful countryside, delicious food, and friendly people, it was a journey that I will never forget. Here's a day-by-day account of my trip:

Day 1: Arrival in Guangzhou 

I arrived in Guangzhou, the capital city of Guangdong Province, after a long flight from the United States. After checking into my hotel, I went for a stroll around the city and tried some of the delicious Cantonese cuisine. The food was amazing and the people were friendly and welcoming.

Day 2: Exploring Guangzhou 

I spent the day exploring Guangzhou. I visited the Guangzhou Tower, one of the tallest buildings in the world, which offered stunning views of the city. I also visited the Chen Clan Ancestral Hall Museum, a traditional Chinese house that showcases the culture and history of the region.


Day 3: Guangzhou to Shenzhen 

On day three, I took a high-speed train to Shenzhen, a modern city known for its technology and innovation. After checking into my hotel, I went for a walk around the city and visited some of the famous technology companies in the area.

Day 4: Sightseeing in Shenzhen 

I spent the day sightseeing in Shenzhen. I visited the Splendid China Folk Village, a theme park that showcases the culture and history of China's various ethnic groups. I also visited the Window of the World, a theme park that showcases replicas of famous landmarks from around the world.

Day 5: Shenzhen to Xiamen 

On day five, I took a flight to Xiamen, a beautiful coastal city in Fujian Province. After checking into my hotel, I went for a walk along the beach and tried some of the local seafood, which was absolutely delicious.


Day 6: Exploring Xiamen 

I spent the day exploring Xiamen. I visited Gulangyu Island, a car-free island that is known for its colonial architecture and scenic beauty. I also visited the Nanputuo Temple, a Buddhist temple that dates back to the Tang Dynasty.

Day 7: Xiamen to Zhangjiajie 

On day seven, I took a flight to Zhangjiajie, a stunning region in Hunan Province that is known for its natural beauty. After checking into my hotel, I went for a walk around the city and tried some of the local cuisine.

Day 8: Sightseeing in Zhangjiajie 

I spent the day sightseeing in Zhangjiajie. I visited the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is known for its towering sandstone pillars and stunning natural beauty. I also visited the Tianmen Mountain, which offers breathtaking views of the region.


Day 9: Zhangjiajie to Guilin 

On day nine, I took a flight to Guilin, a picturesque city in Guangxi Province. After checking into my hotel, I went for a walk around the city and tried some of the local cuisine.

Day 10: Exploring Guilin 

On my last day of the trip, I spent the day exploring Guilin. I visited the Reed Flute Cave, a stunning limestone cave that is filled with colorful stalactites and stalagmites. I also visited the Li River, which is known for its breathtaking scenery and is a popular destination for river cruises.

Overall, my 10-day trip to South China was an incredible experience. From the bustling cities to the stunning natural beauty, delicious food, and friendly people, it was a journey that exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend visiting this part of China and experiencing all that it has to offer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomads of Mongolia: part 2

Middle East: Part 1

How it all started...