Red Sea and more

 The Red Sea trail


Today I will told you about my trip along Red Sea. The adventure begins in Sudan and we will go south to see beautiful and little know countries like Eritrea and Djibouti.

Sudan

Day 1 I had a great first day in Sudan! After touching down at Khartoum International Airport, I was immediately struck by the bustling atmosphere of the city. I had pre-booked a taxi to take me to my hotel in the centre of town, and the friendly driver gave me a quick tour of the city as we drove. After checking in to my hotel, I went out to explore. I was amazed by the vibrant colours of the markets and the friendliness of the locals. I wandered the streets for a few hours, taking it all in. In the evening, I went to a traditional Sudanese restaurant for dinner. The food was amazing I had a delicious beef soup and some fragrant local spices. Day 2 On my second day in Sudan, I took a trip out to the ancient city of Meroe. The city is known for its impressive pyramids, which are still standing after thousands of years. It was an incredible experience to walk around the ruins and take in the history of the place. I also took some time to explore the local markets, where I picked up a few souvenirs to take home. In the evening, I went to a local club and got to know some of the locals. I was surprised to find out how welcoming everyone was and how eager they were to share stories about their culture.

Day 3 On my third day in Sudan, I decided to take a day trip to the city of Omdurman. I was amazed by how different it was to Khartoum the streets were much quieter and the architecture was much more traditional. I spent the day walking around the city, taking in the sights and exploring some of the local restaurants. I had lunch at a small café, where I enjoyed some delicious Sudanese food. In the evening, I went to a local bar and met some of the locals there. We talked and laughed until late into the night. Day 4 On day four, I took a trip out to the desert. I was amazed by the vastness of the landscape and the beauty of the sand dunes. I spent the day trekking around the desert, taking in the sights and sounds. In the evening, I went to a traditional Sudanese restaurant for dinner. The food was delicious and I made some friends at the restaurant who shared stories about the region with me. Day 5 On my fifth day in Sudan, I decided to explore the city of Port Sudan. I was amazed by the hustle and bustle of the harbour and the variety of cultures there. I spent the day exploring the markets and sampling some of the delicious seafood. In the evening, I went to a local bar and had some drinks with some of the locals. We talked about our travels and shared stories about our cultures. Day 6 On my final day in Sudan, I took some time to relax. I went for a leisurely walk around the city and visited some of the local sites. In the evening, I went out for dinner with some of the locals I had met over the course of my trip. We had a great night out and I was sad to say goodbye to my new friends. Overall, my six days in Sudan were amazing. I was impressed by the culture, the food and the hospitality of the people. I would highly recommend a trip to Sudan to anyone looking to explore a unique and vibrant culture.

Eritrea

Day 1: I arrived in the capital city of Asmara, Eritrea. After checking into my hotel, I set out to explore the city. The architecture, the people, and the culture all blew me away. I visited the Cinema Impero, a stunning Art Deco theatre built by Italian architects in 1937. Then I headed to the National Museum of Eritrea to explore the history of the country. Afterward, I visited a local restaurant and tried the traditional Eritrean cuisine. It was delicious. Later in the afternoon, I met some of the locals, who were incredibly warm and welcoming.

Day 2: Today I took a bus to the town of Massawa. The scenery on the way was amazing. I was able to see some of the beautiful beaches that line the coast. Once in Massawa, I explored the old town, which is full of history. I visited the old fort, which was built by the Ottoman Empire in the 16th century. I also visited a local market, where I could get a sense of the local culture. After spending the day exploring the town, I had dinner at a restaurant overlooking the harbor. Day 3: On my last day in Eritrea, I took a tour of the Red Sea National Park. The marine life was amazing. I was able to see dolphins, turtles, and a variety of fish. Then I headed to the small fishing village of Foro.

Djibouti

Day 1 I arrived in Djibouti this morning, and I couldn't wait to explore the city. After checking into my hotel and grabbing a quick bite to eat, I set out to explore. I started at the city's beautiful corniche, which overlooks the Gulf of Aden. I could see the coast of Yemen in the distance, and the view was simply breathtaking. After taking in the views, I decided to take a stroll through the city's old town, which has remained largely unchanged for centuries. The narrow streets and vibrant markets provided a great insight into Djibouti's culture and history. Afterward, I visited the beach of Tadjoura. This was a great spot to relax and enjoy the sun. The beach was full of people swimming, sunbathing, and simply enjoying the beauty of the ocean. I spent the afternoon walking along the beach and watching the locals fish and play in the water. To end the day, I stopped at the National Museum of Djibouti. The museum was filled with artifacts, documents, and photographs that offered a great insight into the country's rich cultural heritage. Day 2 Today I decided to explore the countryside of Djibouti. I rented a car and drove through the stunning landscape. I stopped at several small villages and interacted with the locals. Everywhere I went, the people were so friendly and welcoming. I could see why Djibouti is such a popular tourist destination. My next stop was Lake Abbe, a saltwater lake in the south of the country. It was an incredible sight to behold. The lake was surrounded by stunning limestone formations and I could see flamingos and pelicans flying in the distance. I spent a few hours just taking in the beauty of the lake before heading back to the city. To end my trip, I visited the stunning Islamic architecture of the Grand Mosque. The mosque is an impressive sight and it was a great way to end my time in Djibouti.


It was a tiring but also beautiful journey. If you have any questions please leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle East: Part 1

Nomads of Mongolia: part 2

How it all started...