Egipt: land of the pharaohs

 Sands of the desert

Egypt

First of the North-African countries on our journey has a lot to offer for all kind of tourists - beach lovers, historical monuments admirers, all inclusive followers.

Day 1: I arrived in Egypt this morning and headed straight to the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. It was an incredible experience, the magnitude of these structures truly made me feel small. After a few hours exploring the area, I had some delicious local food at a nearby restaurant. I was very impressed by the hospitality and the flavors of the food.

Day 2: Today I visited the Valley of the Kings. It was an amazing experience to be able to walk through the tombs of the ancient pharaohs. After that I took a boat ride down the Nile River, which was very peaceful and relaxing. Later I had dinner at a restaurant in Cairo and got to meet some locals who gave me great tips on where to visit in the city. Day 3: Today I explored the bustling streets of Cairo. I visited the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities and the Coptic Church. I also went to the Cairo Citadel and took in the amazing views of the city. In the evening, I went to a traditional Egyptian dinner show, which was a great experience. Day 4: I took a day trip to Luxor. I visited the Karnak Temple Complex, the Valley of the Kings, and the Temple of Hatshepsut. I also went on a hot air balloon ride over the city, which was a great experience. In the evening, I had dinner at a local restaurant and it was delicious. Day 5: I went on a camel ride in the desert. It was an amazing experience to be so close to the sand dunes and see the sun setting over the horizon. In the evening, I went back to Cairo and had dinner at a rooftop restaurant. Day 6: Today I visited the Mosque of Muhammad Ali in Cairo. The architecture of the mosque is truly impressive and it was an amazing experience to be able to explore it. Later I went to the Khan el Khalili marketplace, where I got to haggle for souvenirs. In the evening, I attended a traditional Egyptian dinner show. Day 7: Today I took a day trip to Alexandria. I visited the Catacombs of Kom El-Shuqafa and the Montazah Palace. I also had a delicious seafood lunch at a local restaurant. In the evening, I went to a traditional belly dance show.
Day 8: I explored the city of Aswan. I visited the Aswan Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk. I also went to the Nubian Village and had a traditional Nubian meal. In the evening, I went to a show of traditional Nubian music and dance. Day 9: I visited the Temple of Horus at Edfu. It was an amazing experience to be able to explore the temple and its hieroglyphics. Later I took a felucca ride down the Nile River, which was very peaceful and relaxing. In the evening, I had dinner at a rooftop restaurant in Cairo. Day 10: Today I took a flight back home. I had an amazing experience in Egypt and I will definitely be coming back soon!

Thank you so much, leave a comment if you have some questions and be prepared for more amazing adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Middle East: Part 1

Nomads of Mongolia: part 2

How it all started...