Middle East: Part 1

 Exploring Middle East: Part 1

Saudi Arabia

My adventure starts at Arabian peninsula - the biggest one in the World. It covers an area of 2.78 million square km. The biggest country (over 75% of the whole peninsula) is Saudi Arabia where I first fell the Arab culture. Please find below my whole week in that beautiful country. 

Day 1: After a flight from Europe, it was great to finally be in Saudi Arabia! The first thing I did was go to the desert it was so vast and empty, and the sand was a beautiful golden color, the scenery was just breathtaking. In the evening, I went to a restaurant and had some delicious Arabic food (hummus and halloumi). Then I went to my hotel for some rest. Day 2:

Today I visited the city of Riyadh, which is the capital of Saudi Arabia. I saw the King Fahd Fountain, which is the tallest fountain in the world. I also visited the Murabba Palace, which is the royal palace of the Saudi king. In the evening, I went to a traditional Arabic market, where I bought some souvenirs.

Day 3: Today I visited the city of Jeddah, which is the largest city in Saudi Arabia. I walked around the old city, which is full of narrow streets and traditional architecture. I also visited the Jeddah Corniche, which is a beautiful promenade along the Red Sea. In the evening, I went to yet another restaurant and tried some more delicious food (manakeesh).


Day 4: Today I went snorkeling on some reefs off the coast of Saudi Arabia. The water was crystal clear and the reefs were teeming with colorful fish. I also saw some turtles and dolphins, which was really cool. In the evening, I ate at a traditional restaurant.
Day 5: Today I visited Mekka, which is a holy city for Muslims. I saw the Kaaba, which is a huge cube-shaped building that is considered to be the most sacred site in Islam. I also prayed at the Grand Mosque, which was a very moving experience. In the afternoon, I visited the city of Medina, which is another holy city for Muslims. I saw the Prophet's Mosque, which is the second holiest site in Islam. I also saw the tomb of the Prophet Muhammad, which is located in a beautiful garden.


Day 6: Today I visited the city of Dammam, which is the capital of the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. I walked around the old city, which is full of traditional Arabic architecture. I also visited the Dammam Corniche, which is a beautiful promenade along the Arabian Gulf. In the evening, I went to a restaurant and tried some more delicious dishes (falafel and baba ghanoush). Day 7: Today is my last day in Saudi Arabia. I spent it resting after an exhaustive (but in a good way) week. I've had an amazing time here, and I've seen so many beautiful places and met so many friendly people. I'll definitely be back soon!


Thank you for reading and please comment for any information you want to know. Stay tuned for the next amazing countries and places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nomads of Mongolia: part 2

How it all started...